Notes of SHA Wales Officers Meeting
Wednesday 13th September 2017 : 4 pm Cardiff
- Notes of August meeting – agreed
- Arch project: noted, no replies received; agreed, secretary to raise with Rebecca Evans in margins of a forthcoming meeting
- Joint Welsh Government / Westminster front bench meeting: actions taken by secretary noted; agreed to await response from Westminster front bench
- Membership data: noted, secretary had approached affiliated Unions to obtain updated list of contacts.
- : possible speakers were discussed; agreed secretary to approach Minister for Social Care / Public health
- Central Council
Business at the coming Party Conference was reported; noted, an SHA Motion re addressing current NHS challenges had been accepted by NEC. Agreed: this should take precedence.
- Party Matters
The nomination of WEC member was discussed and possible names
were considered: agreed, secretary to pursue.
- Services Fit for the Future – a draft contribution to the consultation
process was considered and amended in the light of contributions from
members. Agreed: secretary to submit revised version.
- Major Trauma Services Wales – the latest position on the
proposals of an Expert Group looking at Major Trauma services for S.
Wales was noted. It was understood that each S. Wales Health Board
would undertake consultations about the proposal to site the major unit at
UHW with Morriston Hospital leading the major trauma network. A draft
press release re the process was noted. Agreed: press release to be
issued if consultation was underway. Agreed: decision made by Cym Taf
Board to be obtained.
- Treasurers report : balance of £568-39 was noted.
- Legislation watch: Pip Ford reported on three Acts and two Bills.
- O.B. a) noted, Cardiff West CLP wished to affiliate to SHA; agreed
officers to advise CLP secretary of process.
- b) Chair reported request for support of the People’s Assembly Against
Austerity campaign for fair funding. Agreed: Chair to convey our
- Next officers meeting: October 19th 4pm Cardiff