Notes of SHA Cymru Wales Officers Meeting July 31st 2013
Present: Alison Scouller, Philippa Ford, Tony Beddow
- Notes of last meeting – June 28th were agreed.
- The responses received so far on planned capacities were noted. That from Betsi Cadwallader Board gave some detail but the S Wales response was disappointing. No reply had been received from Hywel Dda. There was clearly no intention to look at the capacities of services beyond the three under consideration. Agreed: secretary would write again to Mr Sissling requesting that he ensures an overall capacity plan is devised for NHS Wales so that Board level plans can be seen and assessed against this all Wales picture
- The secretary reported on his attendance at a public meeting in Pontyclun re the S. Wales plans and the range of questions asked. Some discussion had taken place around alternatives to the ever greater concentration of services on fewer and fewer sites by more use of remote senior level advice and distant diagnostics.
- Little feedback had been received from members, either in respect of topics and other arrangements for the AGM , or in terms of the draft paper on co-production. It was agreed that the Treasurer and Chair would seek further inputs from colleagues on the draft paper.
- National Council
Progress with the design of the (national) web site was noted. Future articles should include one on the nature of the democratic control of the NHS.
- AGM Arrangements
It was agreed to aim for a mid week meeting in October, possibly in Cardiff with some of the evening being a joint session with another Labour affiliated body. Secretary to make enquiries re possible arrangements.
- Treasurer report The treasurer reported a current balance of £612.39
Date of Next meeting: 12th September 2013; location and precise time to be confirmed.