Notes of SHA Cymru Wales Officers Meeting June 28th 2013
Present: Alison Scouller, Philippa Ford, Tony Beddow
- Notes of last meeting – April 25th were agreed.
- A response had been received in respect of capacities from Betsi Cadwallader Board which was felt to be a good attempt to calibrate the intended levels planned. Outstanding replies for S Wales were being chased.
- The secretary would be speaking at a public meeting in Pontyclun re the S. Wales plans. No decision was made on when we would comment publicly on the S. Wales plans.
- National Council
Council was progressing work on the design of the (national) web site and this took on board comments from Wales. It was agreed that, at this stage, a separate Welsh site would not be actioned. Council had also discussed the proposal to merge social and health care. After much debate it was agreed that the plans should be supported but on the basis that social care would follow the rules of the NHS – free at the point of use, national in standards, and needs based. The funding implications would need to be addressed over along period to achieve this.
- Meeting with the Minister
Following a meeting with the Welsh Health Minister it was agreed to prepare a draft paper for members to discuss on the topic of the co-production of care options for elderly people facing increasingly drastic interventions. Secretary to draft letter.
- AGM Arrangements
Options for this were discussed. It was agreed to seek members views on venue, time and topic. A joint meeting with others was a possibility.
- Treasurer report The treasurer reported a current balance of £612.39
Date of Next meeting: 31st July 2013